Love That Dress!, sponsored by White House Black Market, is the ultimate feel-good shopping spree of the year benefiting PACE Center for Girls. This year, Lee County’s third annual LTD! will take place on Wednesday, August 31, 2011 from 6 to 9 p.m. at the Embassy Suites Hotel in Estero.
There are several fun ways to support Love That Dress!: Donate, Host a Party, Sponsor, Shop and Volunteer. Read below for details!!
• Donations of new or gently worn dresses are accepted at collection parties leading up to the main event. In August, several drop-off locations throughout Lee County will also be receiving dresses. All kinds of dresses are suitable from sundresses, to formal gowns to bridal! For the latest details, visit www.LoveThatDress.org and “Like” Love That Dress! on Facebook.
• Donations of specialty goods or valuable gift cards for products and services are also needed for the silent auction. Examples include jewelry, hotel stays, beauty baskets and gift cards for cosmetic services, retailers and restaurants. Items favorable to women are preferred. Donations of the type make qualify for an in-kind sponsorship. To help, contact Noelle Melanson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Anyone can host a dress collection party to spread the word, collect dresses and raise funds for PACE. Collection parties are organized by the host, yet PACE may be able to assist with guidance, volunteer support and spreading the word. A “Best Practices Guide” is available for individuals or companies interested in throwing a LTD! pre-party. Contact Stefanie Ink at email@example.com.
• Cash and in-kind sponsorships are available ranging from $10,000 to $500. Sponsors receive a variety of perks in recognition of their generosity. Sponsorship information can be obtained at www.LoveThatDress.org or by contacting a member of the LTD! committee.
• To shop and participate at the big event, tickets for Love That Dress! will go on sale on August 1, 2011. General admission tickets are $25 per person and are based on availability. Look for updates at www.LoveThatDress.org and on Facebook.
• Several volunteer opportunities are available in preparation for Love That Dress! and on the day of the main event. Hardworking, energetic helpers should contact Barb Stevens at Barbara.Stevens@pacecenter.org.
PACE Center for Girls, Inc. provides girls and young women an opportunity for a better future through education, counseling, training and advocacy. PACE is the only non-residential gender specific, not-for-profit intervention and prevention program for at risk girls in Lee County. PACE Lee opened its doors on February 5, 2007, and has since offered nearly 400 girls the unique opportunity to develop into healthy and positive individuals while furthering their education, developing their confidence and finding their voice. For more information, visitwww.pacecenter.org/lee.
To join the fun and donate dresses before the community-wide dress collection beginning August 1, gather your dresses and plan to attend one or all of the following collection parties:
June 22: Alliance Financial Group
July 24: Women's Life at Chef J's in Cape Coral
July 27: Franklin Shops in Downtown Fort Myers
August 3: Women in Business at Mark Loren Designs
August 11: Royal Shell on Sanibel Island